Who can apply for permanent residence in China?
According to the Regulations on Examination and Approval of Alien's Application of Permanent Residence in China, people who meet one of the following requirements can apply for permanent residence in China.
(1) spouses of Chinese citizens or of aliens having obtained permanent residence in China, whose marriage has lasted for five years, and who have lived in China for five years in a row, the annual stay in China being no shorter than nine months, and who have stable and secured living status and place to live;
(2) having direct investment in China, stable investment in China for three years in a row, and having a sound taxation record;
(3) having major and outstanding contributions to China or needed urgently by China;
(4) spouses and unmarried children aged under 18 years old of persons mentioned in items 1 to 3;
(5) having assumed the posts of deputy general manager or deputy director of plants or higher level posts or posts of associate professors or associate research fellows and similar posts for more than four years in a row, and the period of stay in China in accumulation being no shorter than three years and having sound taxation record;
(6) unmarried children aged under 18 years old who come to China to live with their parents;
(7) persons having no direct relatives abroad entering China to live with direct relatives in China, who are over 60 years old, have lived in China for five years in a row, whose annual stay in China being no shorter than nine months and have stable and secured living status and places to live.
(Time period of year mentioned in this article refers to the consecutive period of time prior to the day of application.)
Aquisition of Chinese Nationality
According to Nationality Law of The People's Republic of China, people who meet one of the following conditions may be naturalized upon approval of their applications:
(1) they are near relatives of Chinese nationals;
(2) they have settled in China; or
(3) they have other legitimate reasons.